My approach consists mainly of the following:
For ADHD Assessment:
1) assessment covering all pertinent isues(including co-occuring diagnoses).
2) discussion of the results
3) education around what ADHD really is (as opposed to the media distortion of it).
4) identification of key issues in your individual life.
5) treatment including the following:
a) structures (like organizational tools)
c) CBT - changing unhelpful patterns of thinking.
d) Work with the partner or family.
e) Referral for medication evaluation. (Please note: I do not work with clients who are only seeking medications.)